THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

This has to be the best Harry Potter movie ever! I don't care what the fans think!!!!!!


I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan and I haven't read any of the books, but this was some dark stuff. Personally I loved the third one and felt it was dark , but this one beats it by a whole lot. It has the charm of an 80's afterschool special with kids dealing with all the trials and tribulations of freshman life, but in a atmosphere filled with wizards and witches. It sounds cheesy, but man this was some entertaining stuff. Instead of all the other ones being muddled with back story, this is more of letting the characters being in more trouble than their history of trouble. That didn't make any sense, it's like a Sergio Leone film where you get really invested in the story and the characters and the story goes along, you wonder how will it unravel for these characters and you expect the standard. Just like in a Sergio Leone film you get characters going into more trials and tribulations then they started from. Not comparing it to any of Sergio Leone films, but it has that epic feel, but not the operatic tone. The other aspect is that the atmosphere quos more of a British thriller with dark overturns. I loved it and felt that it is getting mixed reviews just because it doesn't stay close to the book which ranges 834 pages. I could care less, because most of the other Harry Potter's that included everything the book offered had scenes that should have been cut. This entry is not like that, as Mike Newell an actual British director at the helm of it, who
tries to keep the movie very whimsical but never succeeds because you can't overcome its dark tone. It other words, I can't say it not for kids, but I know I would love this as a kid.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a kid and I loved it. In fact I went to see it with a bunch of adults. It was entirely an adult audience and theater was laughing. For grown ups it is a nostalgic experience. I enjoyed its British flair as well. Very entertaining! I also have never read any of the books and only saw the third movie. I think the film is pretty good if I know what was going on without all the backstory. I agree with you, the book fans can't expect the moive to be just like. When a film comes out where I have already read the book and I know I love the book, I just don't see the movie!