THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 14, 2005

Last Night at the GrindHouse film Festival, and One hell of a night


I woke up late and missed the 3:00 showing for "Fist of the White Lotus". Don't worry I own it on DVD and watched it a lot of times back in my youth(wait a minute I'm 19). But I really wanted to see it on the big screen, instead I saw the martial epic by Chang Cheh,"5 Masters of Death". Once again the Manchu dynasty has invaded the Shaolin temple and destroyed half the monks and gang. Now 5 only stand then come an awesome training montage and 5 staged battle between the 5 masters of Death and the men who dare invade their temple. Chang Cheh could ever present an epic with lavish Shaw BRothers production and a beautiful score. I didn't forget to mention the kung fu is soft like cream cheese, life is complete after watching this, all you need in life is DAvid Cheng, Ti lung, Alexander Fu Sheng, and Chang Cheh to make a Kung fu epic like this. I said many of times, but it's true. I arrived late at the showing and missed 15 minutes because I was coming from Cinema 21 seeing "Elevator to the Gallows", great double feature from French New Wave to Old School Kung fu. I would write a review about it later on the site. BAck to "5 masters of Death". From start to finish you get once again invested in characters and wonder in the end if they would live through the battle finale. Unfortunately, some characters make it and some don't. An awesome movie to end a great Film festival. To learn more about the great Chang Cheh check out this I found back in my high school days, it really helped me a lot with reports: http://changcheh0catch.com I asked the co-ordinator at the end of showing for what's the features for next year. He didn't know for sure and I gave him suggestions like"Mystery of Chess Boxing", and show "One-Armed Boxer" double featured with "Master of the Flying Guillotine". Then show some old school John Holmes films playing Johnny Wadd. Then show more blaxploitation greats life the "Black Gestapo" or "Cotton comes to Harlem". Probably show some more Fulci like "The Beyond". The Hollywood would always be remembered for that and still have my number!!!!!!!!

0 comments: